Final Cut Pro 6 Tutorial – 7 Hours of Free Videos!
Final Cut Pro is professional video editing software for the Mac. It comes as part of Final Cut Studio, along with a suite of powerful applications that give you amazing control over your video. You can edit a wide variety of different video projects using Final Cut Pro, including feature films.
If you’re new to video editing, you might find Final Cut Pro challenging at first. However, with a little training and practice, you’ll start to feel right at home.
By the way, if you’re already familiar with Final Cut Express, you’ll notice right away how similar Final Cut Pro is.
Introduction to Final Cut Pro
This is a complete basic Final Cut Pro tutorial. It will help you become comfortable with the interface and a lot more. It contains more than 7 hours of Final Cut Pro training. And it’s free.
* I use Final Cut Pro version 6 in these videos, but most of the training will apply to Final Cut Pro 7 as well.
Chapter One: Overview of Final Cut Pro
- Right-click here to save the practice media file
- An Introduction to the Interface and Editing
- An Introduction to Transitions
- An Introduction to Text
Chapter Two: Editing in Final Cut Pro
- Contextual Menus and Right-Clicking
- How Do Clips and Media Work?
- Organize with Bins
- Labels for Organizing
- An Introduction to the Browser
Chapter Three: An In-Depth Look
- Right-Click Here to save the media file for this chapter.
- The Viewer
- Different Types of Edits
- Add Special Effects with Video Filters
Chapter Four: Log and Capture Video
Chapter Five: Color Correction
- Right-click to save the practice media for this chapter
- An Introduction to Color Correction
- How to Use Scopes Like the Waveform Monitor and the Vectorscope
Chapter Six: How to Manage Your Media
- Right Click Here to save the media file for this chapter
- An Introduction to the Media Manager
- Deleting Your Media to Free Up Space
- Copy Your Project and Media
Chapter Seven: Output Your Video
- Right-Click to save the media file for this chapter.
- How to Output Your Video for the Web and iPod
- How to Output Your Video to Tape
Chapter Eight: Advanced Editing
- Right-click here to save the media file for this chapter.
- The Slide and Slip Tools
- The Ripple and Roll Tools
- Split Edits
- How to Add Voice Overs
- Freeze Frames
- Introduction to Compositing
- Key Frames and Animating
Chapter Nine: Customize Final Cut Pro to Meet Your Needs
- Customize Your Window Layout
- Add Custom Buttons
- Custom Keyboard Shortcuts
- User Preferences and Settings
Chapter Ten: Important Techniques to Squeeze In
IMPORTANT! — To view these videos, you will need the most recent version of Quicktime. Apple releases new versions of Quicktime frequently, so please take a moment to visit www.apple.com/quicktime and download the most recent version (or at least verify the one you have on your computer is already up-to-date).